My transformation to total health includes emotional, physical, spiritual and even financial health. So far in my blogs, my posts have been about physical well being whether through weight lifting, HIIT training, diet & nutrition or active rest days. It’s just as important to pay attention to emotional and spiritual health too as part of the complete makeup of your body.
I’m no guru but I do understand the benefits of centering your mind and calming your spirit. It is a great way to start and end the day and can be hugely helpful anytime in between, especially if you feel your self or your life going out of control.
Here is a list of mind-centering activities that help bring clarity and peace to my day:
- take five deep inhales through the nose and exhales through the mouth
- begin your day with gratitude
- count your blessings
- read a novel
- learn something new
- do something creative
- go for a hike through nature
- go for a walk on the beach
- try photography; it literally helps you see things in a different perspective
- search for things in nature; unique leaves, interesting branches, distinctive seashells
- give thanks for even the simple things, like waking up to a brand new day
- end your day with gratitude
There are several things one can do to bring calm and peace to the mind and spirit.Find activities that interest and work for you. Maybe even try something new.